2014 Space Apps Challenge – Quick Facts
Reno has been selected by NASA as one of the 80 host cities around the world for the 2014 International Space Apps Challenge.
Software developers and programmers will attack five areas: human space flight, technology in space, robotics, asteroids and Earth watch.
On Wednesday April 9 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm, at the Reno Collective (100 N. Arlington Ave.), there will be a kickoff happy hour, challenge review, team formation and discussion of the plan during the next two days.
The main event will be hosted at the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library at the University of Nevada, Reno. On Saturday April 12, there will be hacking from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. This will resume from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday April 13. And from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, projects will be presented and judged.
Reno Collective and DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library
Dates and Schedule:
- April 9 – 5:30pm to 8:30pm : Reno Collective : Kickoff mixer, challenge review, team formation, plan for the next two days
- April 12 – 9am to 10pm : DeLeMare : Hack on a challenge
- April 13 – 9am to 4pm : DeLeMare : Resume hacking
- April 13 – 4pm to 6pm : DeLeMare : Present challenge project and judging
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spaceappsreno
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpaceAppsReno
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/103115940589169210144/
- NASA Space Apps 2014: https://2014.spaceappschallenge.org
- Hackpad: https://spaceapps.hackpad.com